Higher Level Skills Funding (Queensland)
Higher Level Skills Funded Courses Offered
Australian Consolidated Training offers the following qualifications funded under the Queensland Higher Level Skills funded program:
- BSB42518 Certificate IV in Small Business Management
- SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management
- SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Higher Level Skills Funding Program
The Higher Level Skills program provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to access subsidised training in selected Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma qualifications. The program aims to help you gain secure employment or career advancement in priority industries or to transition to university.
This program provides eligible individuals with access to a subsidised training place in an Australian Qualifications Framework AQF) certificate IV level, or higher, qualification with a pre-approved Registered Training Organisation.
You have an entitlement to gain a Certificate IV qualification, or higher, if you meet the eligibility criteria. You have a wide choice of qualifications and Registered Training Organisations.
How do I Meet the Eligibility Criteria for Funding?
- Are you 15 or older?
- Have you left school?
- Do you live in Queensland?
- Are you an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or permanent resident?
- Have you not enrolled in or completed a Certificate IV or higher level qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training)?
… then you should be eligible!
Fees – What will it Cost Me to Do This Course?
Students are required to contribute to the costs of undertaking their Certificate III qualification through a co-contribution fee. This is a policy of the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (the government department that is providing funding for the program) and Australian Consolidated Training is not able to waive these fees.
The co-contribution fees are however very reasonable and you may be eligible for a concession.
You may be eligible for a concession for co-contribution fees for this program if:
- You (or your partner or guardian) have a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- Are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Are enrolled in a VETiS program (vocational education and training program in school)
- Have a disability, or
- Are an adult prisoner
Students who are under 21 years of age who commence training in a high priority qualification bare not required to pay co-contribution fees as these are paid by Department of Employment, Small Business and Training on the students behalf.
For more information on the Higher Level Skills Program: www.training.qld.gov.au/skillsgateway
For more information on the Higher Level Skills courses offered by Australian Consolidated Training, please call 07 3372 3974 and request an Information Pack.